Salads don’t have to be boring, bland, or dry- at least not my hormone balancing salad.. or my food in general!
Being that, keto diet skimps on carbs, salads are the ideal dish for packing on the protein, healthy fats, and all the veggies YOU love. If you are looking to balance hormones. Hello??? Estrogen dominance crew?
How about the low progesterone tribe?
No worries this high protein low carb salad is the perfect side, main, lunch, or dinner for all your healthy lifestyle needs.
This salad helps balance hormones because of its nutritional composition with ingredients (I explain the benefits next to ingredients. However, you can check my other recipes here.
As always, let’s jump right in. Here is the recipe:
Hormone Balancing Salad- Low Carb & Super Quick To Make
- 1 Cup Kale
- ½ Avocado Health Fats for sasiety and balance hormones
- ¼ cup Raspberries Antioxidantas and more Fiber to move estrogen out the body vs circulating aimlessly.
- ⅓ cup Walnuts More healthy fats plus great for brain health
- 5 50% less sugar craisins
- ½ Lemon juice Vitamin C
- 6 oz Grassfeed grilled steak (left overs work great) Hight quality protein, CLA
- 2 tbs Greek Goddess Dressing (primal kitchen or make your own)
- ¼ cup Mediterranea style chickpeas See my link to recipe in notes!
- Rinse Kale or the salad greens of your choice. I like Kale because it contains lots of fiber and the key here is to help balance hormones.
- Meanwhile, deseed and chop tomato
- Wash and prepare remaining ingredients for salad and add to Kale.
- Stir well.Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 10 minutes if time allows.
Here are some of the ingredients I used: (Some are affiliate links)I highly encourage you to use all organic produce. Dressing made with healthy fats (avocado or olive oil) I use Primal Kitchen Greek (Get it here). Additionally, you want high-quality proteins such as –grass-fed, pastured, or wild-caught protein. Here’s how to make the most delicious Mediterranean-style chickpeas. I buy my grass-fed beef here
Greek Goddess Dressing by Primal Kitchen (made with avocado oil)
Finally, since we are in the topic of balancing hormones, Golden Milk made with my famous Ancient Golden Paste is a great hormone–balancing concoction, and it’s also warming, soothing, and delicious. The combination of turmeric, coconut oil, coconut milk, sweeteners, and spices is warming and rejuvenating, and it’s something I personally drink regularly and recommend to those with all kinds of endocrine issues.
Want to learn how to balance hormones by addressing the root cause– The only way for me? Listen to my podcast Episode #20 with one of the most knowledgable people in the industry and the Queen of Hormones, womens’ health, and metabolism. Dr. Carrie Jones.
Your turn. What is your favorite meal or drink to help balance hormones? Share with us below.