My guest today is Dr. Amber Krogsrud. A Naturopathic Holistic Hormone Doctor.
She was awarded her Bachelor Degree in Biology with a minor in Chemistry from NDSU in Fargo, North Dakota. Prior to her undergraduate studies, she worked in a chiropractic clinic and discovered the beauty of natural medicine. She also developed a passion for nutrition and began pursuing a career that viewed health as a holistic lifestyle involving food as nutrition.
Dr. Amber serves as a Chief Science Officer (CSO) and medical advisor to Culture For Good, a company that is creating medical-grade, therapeutically dosed CBD products for skincare and internal use. She consults about CBD and emphasizes therapeutic dosing.
Tune into today’s #HYNwellnesspodcast #13 and learn about the benefits of addressing hormonal imbalances holistically. Dr. Amber shows us the protocols, IV therapies, and natural/herbal treatments she uses with her clients and students. I think you’ll be happy to learn as much as I did – Enjoy the show!
Podcasts Quotables Hormones
~ Women are having higher testosterone levels on labs today and we’re seeing men with higher estrogen levels. This is a dramatic shift.
~ Men should test their Total Testosterone (listen to the podcast for the rest of tests)…We are seeing younger men in their 20’s and 30’s with total testosterone levels in the 200-300’s, and this has been linked to environmental toxins such as Glyphosate found in Roundup Pesticide.
~ We talk about self-care all the time for the women, but it’s so important for men too. The power of meditation and yoga, going for a walk, or swim in the ocean (downtime) can be very supportive in lowering stress, cortisol, and regulating testosterone levels.Dr. Amber
Show Notes and Topics Discussed:
- Why is hormone balance so important in brain health
- Top 5 things you recommend for optimal Hormonal Balances (first for women & for men) Dr. Amber breaks down each 5 specifically for the ladies and the other 5 for our gents. A must listen!
- IV therapy: Why is it better than just taking a pill every day or does it replace the “one a day”?
Sleep deprivation and stress can have a negative effect on testosterone which in turn leads to less drive, no libido, and general mood changes.
Books, Tools Supplements Recommended or mentioned in the Podcast
- Sleep (Valerian, skullcap, chamomile tea, CBD oil )
- Vitamin D Levels (Not the IU’s you’ve been told)+
- Boosting Vitamin B6
- For women (steer clear of (this medication) and low cholesterol diets, plus the worst side effects of (this medication)
- The Cholesterol Myth
Connect with Dr. Amber
Where you can information about her work and even book an appointment one on one (even virtually).
Get a Free Gift from Dr. Amber