Plus Featured Nutrient (Molybdenum)
- Lentils are high in iron and protein along with vital vitamins & minerals. The chart below shows you the amazing health benefits of lentils.
- There is grass-fed beef in it too (I add it to the water with half an onion and use that as a base to make the lentils for bursting flavor) ~ CLA, Vitamin B12
- Homemade grass-fed beef broth. The bones release collagen when cooked. Collagen helps regenerate cartilage and even the disc in your spine.
- Guiso made from scratch ( tomato, red onions, garlic, orange pepper–finely chopped) made in organic extra virgin olive oil. Contains vitamins C, A, E, beta carotene, lycopene and of course the antiviral properties of garlic and onions.
- Turmeric ( that is the orange powder you see on top which I add right before eating to preserve its healing benefits). Read more on the amazing benefits of turmeric.
- Mixed organic carrots, peas and corn
- Italian herbs mix added to the “Guiso”
Lentil Soup Featured Nutrient: Molybdenum
Hearty Healing Lentil Soup
- 1 lb lentils rinsed
- 1 cup mixed carrots (peas, corn)
- 3 cups home made grassfed beef (with bone-in broth or I buy this one)
- 1 red onion
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (more as needed)
- 1/2 lbs grassfed beef (get US grass-fed beef here)
- For the Guiso
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- 1 whole tomato finally chopped or crushed fresh tomatoes
- ½ red pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin (omit if you are allergic)
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- In a large pot pour 6 cups of filtered water.
- Add half the red onion, a garlic clove, the grassfed beef, salt, pepper, and rinsed lentils.
- Bring to a boil and turn down the heat to a simmer in low.
- Cook for 15-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the suace (guiso)
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, red pepper and cook until tender, 8-10 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for another 7-10 mins until the guiso has a thick consistency.
- Once the guiso is ready go back to the lentils and add the beef broth, mixed precooked frozen vegetables, and the guiso. Simmer on low for another 10 minutes.
- To serve, place some of the soup in a bowl, and at this point add healing turmeric and more of the guiso (sauce) if you’d like along with some avocado slices or rice/quinoa . Enjoy!
If you are going to use fresh vegetables you must add them 10 minutes into cooking the lentils and beef because they take longer to cook.
Use organic ingredients when possible.