Want to improve your cardiovascular health, reduce inflammation, reverse disease and drop a few pounds while you are at it?
Then you should try to add some– if not all of the foods, herbs, and spices that I will be talking about in this article to your diet.
Recent studies show that reducing chronic inflammation is key to healing from most diseases. The ancients believed that there were foods which healed all if not most ailments — and they were right!
Today there is ample scientific research that demonstrates the health benefits of foods, herbs, and spices. It was only through this systematic research that we have been fortunate enough to learn all about natural healing foods and their benefits.
Have you been searching for foods or alternatives to medicine to help you heal your disease? You have, as it has become obvious that foods heal and medicine merely masks or worsen the condition. So you came to the right place…
Here are 7 amazing foods, spices, and herbs plus their health benefits that reverse chronic inflammation:
1. Moringa To Reverse Disease
Moringa oleifera, is a versatile and valued plant native to India, and is widely cultivated in tropical and sub-tropical countries. It is also known as the drumstick tree, which belongs to the Moringaceae family. It is very rich in healthy antioxidants and bioactive plant compounds.
So far, scientists have only investigated a fraction of the many reputed health benefits. Although modern science has recently found its health benefits, moringa has been around across various cultures since ancient times.
As of recently, its usage has been encouraged by several humanitarian organizations to fight malnutrition in poverty-stricken countries, mainly due to its economic viability and rapid growth. This begs the question: Is this a nutritional powerhouse? (Find Morniga here)
It turns out — Yes!
In Ayurvedic medicine, it is valued for its impressive array of therapeutic uses such as: antiviral, antidepressant, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. Perfect ways to prevent and reverse disease.
Moringa leaves are a great source of many minerals and vitamins. A cup of chopped leaves contain the following:
- Riboflavin (B2): 11% of the RDA
- Vitamin A (from beta-carotene): 9% of the RDA
- Magnesium: 8% of the RDA
- Protein: 2 grams
- Vitamin B6: 19% of the RDA
- Vitamin C: 12% of the RDA
- Iron: 11% of the RDA
Moringa Lowers blood sugars ~ In one research study, 30 women took about 7 grams of Moringa leaf powder every day for three months. This reduced fasting blood sugar levels by 13.5% 
Additionally, a small study in diabetic patients found that adding 50 grams of Moringa leaves to a meal reduced the rise in blood sugar by 21%. That’s a great way to reverse disease
Moringa also contains chlorogenic acid. Also found in high amounts in coffee, chlorogenic acid may help moderate blood sugar levels after meals.
Moringa For Cardiovascular health~ A substantial amount of antioxidant plant compounds have been found in the leaves of Moringa oleifera. Including beta-carotene and Vitamin C, Quercetin was also present (This potent antioxidant has been proven to lower blood pressure) [8,9].
In fact, one research study in females found that taking about (1.5 teaspoons) of moringa leaf powder daily for three months remarkably increased blood antioxidant levels.
Another study found that moringa extract had scavenging like behavior when it comes to free radicals. In hyper cholesterol-fed rabbits, cholesterol levels were lower at 12 weeks of treatment and reduced the atherosclerotic plaque formation to about 50 and 86%, respectively. These effects were at ranges comparable to those of simvastatin.
Researchers concluded that this plant possesses antioxidant, hypolipidaemic and antiatherosclerotic activities and has therapeutic potential for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases 
Moringa Reduces Inflammation~ Inflammation is our body’s natural response to injury, infection and many diseases. Inflammation is crucial as a protective mechanism but could become a major health issue when it goes unattended for a long time.
Prolonged inflammation has been linked to many chronic diseases, including heart disease and cancer 
Many foods, herbs, and spices are known to have anti-inflammatory effects, those include– pomegranates, turmeric, ginger, and moringa is no exception.
2. Nigella Sativa or Black Seed
Recent studies revealed that there is Antibacterial activity of Nigella sativa. In this article by greenmedinfo peer-reviewed and published research demonstrated that this powerful life-saving seed has remarkable healing benefits including and it can reverse disease:
- Diabetes~ Just 2 grams of black seed daily reduced morning glucose, enhanced beta-cell function, reduced hbA1C and reduced insulin resistance in humans.
- High blood pressure~ Daily use of 100-200 gms for two months revealed a blood pressure-lowering effect in pre-hypertensive patients.
- Helicobacter Pylori ~ Compared to triple eradication therapy, black seed possess useful anti-H. Pylori activity.
- Asthma ~ One of the main active components in Nigella sativa –hymoquinone, is far superior to asthma drugs such as fluticasone in animal studies. Another research study in humans found that boiled water extract of black seed has potent anti-asthmatic effect in the airways.
- MRSA~ The anti-bacterial activity in black seed showed remarkable results against laboratory and clinical isolates of staph aureus.
- Colon Cancer ~ In cell research studies have discovered that black seed extract positively compared to chemotherapy by suppressing colon cancer growth. However, animals studies showed greater repressive impact when black seed oil was used– without significant negative side effects.
- Opiate addiction/withdrawal ~ A research study of 35 opiate addicts discovered that black seed was an effective therapy for long-term opioid treatment.  (I like this Nigella Sativa oil) or you can get in a powder form.
Since then, the biomedical research on black seed has continued to flourish, with another 78 studies published and cited on the National Library of Medicine’s biomedical database MEDLINE over the past 11 months. Read the full article here.You can use Nigella sativa by making a mixture of your favorite seeds and spices and keep them handy in the pantry. Grind them and sprinkle over your yogurt, kefir or add to your favorite meal, or use the tincture.
3. Unprocessed Seeds and NutsSeeds and nuts contain plant-based protein, omega 3s, vitamins and many minerals offering an array of health benefits. Nuts are a great source of dietary fiber and provide a wide range of essential nutrients, including several B group vitamins (including folate).
Also, vitamin E, minerals such as calcium, zinc, potassium, and magnesium, antioxidant minerals (selenium, manganese, and copper), plus other phytochemicals.
A good starting point is the PAMM diet (Pan-Asian Modified Mediterranean diet) as mentioned in this article by Dr. Sinatra. Many of those recipes encourage adding some seeds, dry fruit and healthy nuts (Nuts and seeds, including walnuts, almonds, chestnuts, and flaxseed) to your diet.In the East, a mixture of five seeds – cumin, fenugreek, Nigella, mustard, and fennel – are sprinkled over every dish. Ideally, you don’t want to cook this mixture, because the heat is going to destroy its beneficial properties. Not only does this give the dish its spicy finishing touch, but also helps in the prevention of a number of ailments.
Some of the nuts with the most health benefits include:
- Macadamias~ Macadamia nuts contain more heart-healthy monounsaturated fats per serving than any other nut.
- Almonds~ Contain more fiber than any other nut (about 3 gms per ounce), they are also the highest in Vitamin E.
- Walnuts~ Contain the most antioxidants of any nut out there. They also contain most omega-3 fatty acids, which we now know fight inflammation. They’re also high in manganese, which can reduce PMS symptoms.
- Cashews~ Cashews are very high in iron, zinc, and magnesium.
- Brazil Nuts~ Brazil nuts are an excellent source of selenium, which can help prevent cancer, help lower antibodies in hypothyroid patients naturally, and more. Additionally, according to this article from superfoodprofiles, Brazil nuts can also help raise testosterone levels due to their high concentration of naturally occurring selenium. They are far superior when it comes to supplementing selenium vs selenomethionine. 
Some of the seeds with the most health benefits include:
- Cumin is excellent for your digestive system. It also helps prevent cancer.
- Mustard helps keep your heart healthy and reduces high blood pressure.
- Fenugreek has been used by the Chinese and Indians to treat asthma and also arthritis down the ages.
- Fennel is one of the most popular of spices in the East. Apart from it being an aid to digestion, Constipation, Indigestion, IBS & Bloating.