You may not believe me, but I have news about gluten-free cookies: Good news, and better news.
There is nothing better during the winter months than a nice warm cup of tea or your favorite milk, with a soft- chewy but also a guilt-free cookie.
It is cold outside and if like me you have been craving some warm delicious cookies, then you are in luck because these “healthified” cookies will simply– knock your socks off. So, I decided to make these gluten free low carb, low sugar version, that was adapted from the Vedgedout’s Chocolate-Chip coconut almond cookie recipe. Thanks, Somer. (Pay her a visit she has amazing recipes).
The good news is that, not only are they moist and decadent, they are low in carbs and also have a low glycemic index (LGI).
I am so excited to be able to share this with you because these are in fact, the best gluten-free coconut chocolate chip cookies I ever made! As a bonus you get to nourish your body with two super healthy foods: Coconut and real Chocolate (cacao).
So to start off, I like to use fresh coconut for my coconut recipes. I feel that the texture and flavor is simply decadent. Here is a picture of my fresh shredded coconut. I like my flakes chunky, but you can shred them smaller if you prefer.
Eating fresh coconut provides an array of vitamins and minerals here are few:
- Fiber, omega-3 fatty acids (the good for your body fat)
- Calcium, potassium, iodine, zinc, magnesium, vitamin A
- Vitamin B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12, and Vitamin D – just to name a few
A few more reasons to add fresh coconut or coconut in any form for that matter.
I often get questions regarding the healthiest sugar alternatives. My natural sweetener of preference are: Swerve Sweetener which I often use in baking. Alcohol-free stevia, maple syrup, and raw honey. However, the reason I love swerve is because, it tastes delicious, measures just like sugar, and has zero calories. Therefore, making it Diabetic friendly and low glycemic.
Now here is the end result. decadent gluten-free, low carb, low sugar-healthy, and best gluten free coconut chocolate chip cookies I ever made! Yum! Make these for any occasion with confidence because your family or guests will absolutely devour them.
The Best Gluten Free Coconut-Chocolate Chip Cookies I Ever Made
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 cups almond flour
- ¾ cup Natural Swerve Sweetener
- 2 tablespoons ground golden flax seed
- ½ tsp baking powder (remember is almond flour)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp Himalayan or Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup sliced walnuts or the nut of your choice
- 1 cup raw cacao chips or 85% raw cacao bar (I crumbled my own chips 🙂
- 1/2 tbsp Superfood Chocolate powder
- Wet Ingredients
- 2 Large eggs (preferably pastured for those Omega 3’s)
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil or Grass-fed butter
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp raw organic honey (optional)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients. Mix together until combined. Then add the shredded coconut, crushed walnuts and the chocolate chips. Mix well until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Line a cookie sheet with unbleached parchment paper and use a spoon to scoop the dough. If you want to get fancy use an ice cream scoop.
- It’s important that you use parchment paper for this recipe! If you don’t, the cookies will stick to the sheet-no fun!.
- Bake on center rack for about 10-12 minutes.
- Cool cookies on the sheet for about 10 minutes then on a wire cooling rack.