My guest today is Dr. Nicole LePera. She is a recognized leader in the fields of holistic psychology, natural health, Yoga, and mindful eating. She is the owner of is the creator of yourholisticpsycholigst.com .
As you all know, I am a big proponent of healing the gut first, then the rest will fall into place–literally!
This can be accomplished by consuming less of the processed junk, and more wholesome natural foods, probiotics, and amazing superfoods when it comes to overall health.
Mental health is no different, and Dr. Nicole LePera aka as (The Holistic Psychologist on Instagram) is here to debunk the myths behind Mental Illnesses.
She approaches healing mental illnesses gently with a touch of love, but also and encourages us all to have accountability, self-love and other fantastic modalities that are absolutely proven to work.
How? She tells it all starting with her own experience… I’d say you that you are going to love it… but I’ll let you find out for yourselves…
The new science on depression is fascinating. We’ve seen links with inflammation, nutritional deficiencies, gut issues. In the future I believe we will treat depression as a psychoneuroimmunology disorder, not as a chemical imbalance in the brain. Psychoneuroimmunology is a fancy word for the interaction between the nervous systems, immune systems, and the brain.
Mental wellness requires participation. It means being intentional with nutrition, movement, sleep, thought patterns. To experience mental wellness is work. A lot of work. Every day. It’s
sacrifice. It’s reorganizing priorities and re-examining time and how we spend it. If you don’t make your mental health a priority, your body and mind will send you symptoms to get your attention. Symptoms are information, not disorders to be managed.
There is also a soul involvement in depression.
Do you have purpose? Do you have community support? #selfhealers is an intentional creation for people to share their experiences and feel less alone. Science cannot answer questions about the soul, but I believe living a life unaligned plays a significant role in depressive symptoms.
Although you may be following a particular “diet” or lifestyle, you still feel off and can’t understand what it is or you get sick and dis-eased…
In today’s show, we are going to talk about the reasons why “your particular diet” may not be right for you, and the amazing benefits of eating wholesome foods and most importantly– adapting to an Anti-inflammatory diet.
Tune into today’s #HYNwellnesspodcast #7 to find out if you are on the right track or should make some adjustments to feel your very best – Enjoy the show!
Show Notes and Topics Discussed:
- Dr. LePera talks about her experience with her life long anxiety and how she was able to overcome it for good– holistically. (She tells us exactly how she did it in the podcast)
- Mental Health requires participation: The importance of accountability, self-care and the importance of a community-oriented
- The Importance of the mindfulness, nutrition, accountability and overall “lifestyle” for a healthy mind.
- Self-Betrayal and what it means to those suffering from a mental illnes and how to fix it.
- Why Depression is the most misunderstood mental illness and why
Nutritional Deficiencies An Mental Illness
- Nutritional and mineral deficiencies, allergies, parasites among others are at the core of several physical and mental conditions. Ask your doctor to run lab tests to test for these potential culprits. If your doctor won’t run them or you don’t have insurance you can test from the comfort of your home with the links below:
- Different Health Pannels
- Fatigue Panel
- Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis
- Thyroid Blood Test Panels
- Hormone Panel Test (“weight loss test” and hormonal imbalances)
- Allergy Test
- Lipid Blood Test Panels
- Liver Profile Blood Test Panels
- Women’s Health Tests
Save 15% of right now with coupon code (HEATWAVE)
Links mentioned in the show:
Connect with her via her social media channels:
Liked the show? Help me out!🙏
(Just click on your favorite podcast channel on the top right)