Top 9 Benefits of Flaxseed milk
If you are lactose intolerant or are trying to cut down on dairy and gluten consumption, we have good news!
Have you tried flaxseed milk? If not, today may be a good opportunity to add this amazing nutrient powerhouse to your diet.
Here are 9 benefits of flaxseed milk you may now be aware of:
1. Flaxseed contains 27 anti-cancerous components, one of these agents is Lignin. Flaxseed contains 100 times more of this component than the best whole grains. To this date, no other known grain has the equivalent to these properties. Best yet, it is a shield against the formation of tumors.
2 Flaxseed soluble fibers prevent the accumulation of cholesterol in the blood, facilitating their elimination naturally. This property of flaxseed is due to having a type of fiber that sticks to cholesterol stopping it from being absorbed by the body.
3. Prevents inflammatory illnesses~ Thanks to its alpha-linolenic acid which prevents all kinds of inflammation, including those in the digestive tract such as: gastritis, colitis, tendinitis, arthritis and many more.
4. Prevents the formation of blood clots in veins and arteries reducing the risk of heart attacks. Flaxseed properties will be enhanced by slight lifestyle changes such as adding some exercise and a healthy diet.
5. Progressive increase of vitality and energy. It helps the muscles recover quickly after mildly strenuous exercise because it stimulates fat utilization for energy.
6. Gives a sense of calmness, useful to lower stress levels. Additionally, its soothing properties are suitable for problems such as psoriasis and eczema.
7. Thanks to its wealth of natural fiber flaxseed is an excellent grain to include in diets for weight loss. It not only acts as an aid for constipation, but it also helps to control weight and to regulate your appetite by giving you a feeling of satiety.
8. Flaxseed is a great source of vitamins, mainly those of Group B (including vitamin B9 or folic acid). It also contains vitamins C and E, which are antioxidants ideal to combat free radicals that slow down the aging process.
9. Flaxseed has high levels of phytochemicals, ideal to nourish our bodies and balance the hormones, especially in women. It is not recommended to consume flaxseed during pregnancy and lactation. However, flaxseed is well known in the alternative medicine field to be a great ally to increase fertility and also to relieve the physical symptoms of menopause.
You can’t always find flaxseed milk at your local health food store. My store doesn’t always have it, but that doesn’t stop me from getting it –so I go on-line and get a 12 pack at a very good price. I like Good Karma Flax Delight, Unsweetened.
Most of us are always on a quest to add healthier choices to our diets– Let Flaxseed be one of those.
What is your favorite alternative to milk?