My guest today is Jennifer Houghton is a seasoned Certified Yoga and fitness instructor for over 25 years. Jennifer will show you her secrets to learn how to breathe to full capacity
Tune into today’s #HYNwellnesspodcast #1 and find how breathing can reduce pain, help you focus, relax and even reduce pain naturally, what foods to eat for optimal body flexibility, less pain, and overall health – Enjoy the show!
Tune into today’s #HYNwellnesspodcast #1 to find out if you are on the right track or should make some adjustments to feel your very best – Enjoy the show!
Ask your questions
Join healYOUnaturally’s free Facebook group:
healYOUnaturally Health & Wellness – Official group
~In stress breathing we gulp in air through the mouth and we breathe out too fast. This is our emergency mode of breathing and it is a catalyst for the Fight or Flight state.
~ What happens when we do rapid mouth breathing? Hyperventilation – we take in too much oxygen, we breathe out too much CO2, and we get dizzy
The brain learns by observing what the body is doing. A whole slew of chemical messages are sent out to relax the whole system. A positive feedback loop develops. Relaxation of the body begets relaxation of the mind which begets more relaxation of the body, and so on.
Making changes to the nervous system requires effort and practice. Retraining yourself to breathe deeply and slowly can take time, even months. You can use the breath work practices included in this program daily to reset your nervous system to stimulate the relaxation response more often than the stress response.”
Excerpt from “The Posture Project: Build a Better Back. Live the Life You Want.” By Jennifer Houghton. Sneak peek:http://www.
In today’s show, we are going to talk about the reasons why “breathing to full capacity” is crucial for many reasons but most importantly– how to minimize that fight or flight response.
Show Notes and Topics Discussed:
- A critical factor that exacerbates back pain (or any pain) for that matter, that make the difference between long-term pain medication vs a pain and medication-free life.
- My personal experience with back pain and how I am reversing disc herniation naturally.
- The type of breathing exercises that give you tons of energy, help you relax and develop a stronger core; passively. (especially for those with back pain).
- And a Surprise (mini- demo) at the end of the Podcast.
Books, Supplements, Treatments mentioned in the Podcast.
- 8 Steps to a pain-free back
- Healing Back Pain
- Healing back pain Naturally
- Target inflammation with Golden Paste (the root cause of pain)
Links mentioned in the show:
Connect Jennifer Houghton:
https:/www.eatfunctionalfoods.org where you can find free articles and his ebooks.
Connect with her via his social media outlets: