(Dairy-Free, No Sugar Added, Vegan)
Let’s face it sometimes you are in the mood for something sweet. This Blueberry Banana Sorbet always comes in handy when the cravings for something sweet hit. However, we all know that ice cream is made mainly with tons of sugar, and other no-so-health friendly ingredients, so that’s not always a good choice especially if you are Diabetic or watching your sugars to balance hormones.
A once in while treat? Maybe. But making ice cream at home requires an ice cream machine and we, not all have one you ask — no worries, that’s when this quick and easy dessert comes in.
This decadent and luscious sorbet recipe requires no ice-cream machine making it the perfect dessert when in the mood for something quick and healthy.
Now, you tried a dairy-free, no-sugar-added blueberry banana sorbet that is decadent yet light, with the right amount of sweetness, a little kick from the blueberries (or any other berry) and of course the works on top- while being healthy? I bet not.
I added my own spin with the coconut mana (coconut cream), because I love the taste and benefits of it, but you can omit if you aren’t a fan of coconut anything. I also love anything crunchy like nuts, carob, cacao and even seeds in my desserts so feel free to experiment with your favorite toppings.
It is so easy to make that the hardest part of making these desserts is to– save some for the rest of the family. (grin).
As usual, I like to talk about the health benefits of its ingredients. Let’s dig in:
Healthy Blueberry Banana Sorbet Nutritional Benefits:
Might never be thought of to help prevent a condition as serious as Alzheimer’s disease. The minerals such as, sodium, potassium, magnesium, manganese, etc, can hinder the development of neurotic disorders and actually promote healing in the central nervous system by restoring damaged brain cells and neuron tissues.
- Promote Bowel Health One of the banana health benefits is that they can help stop constipation.
- Bananas have a certain type of fiber that helps to restore and maintain regular bowel functions. Instead of using laxatives that might have chemicals or other synthetic substances, bananas are a natural source for lessening the effects of constipation without causing other bowel problems such as diarrhea.
- Potassium is Vital for Performance Because they are rich in potassium, bananas help the body’s circulatory system deliver oxygen to the brain. This also helps maintain a regular heartbeat and a proper balance of water in the body. Potassium is also helpful for reducing strokes and regulating blood pressure because of the way it promotes circulatory health.
Note: Although Bananas are a great source to get your potassium they are also high in carbohydrates, so eat them sparingly if you are watching your sugars or managing diabetes.
Coconut Cream Is loaded with good-nourishing fats, high in protein, and contains over 12% grams of fiber. [try organic coconut cream here]
Healthy Blueberry-Banana- Coconut Sorbet
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 1/2 cup organic blueberries or your favorite berry
- 3 Chopped organic raw almonds
- 3 Chopped organic raw Walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon Sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Coconut Cream
- Peel, cut bananas into chunks then freeze them prior to making this Sorbet.
- Place banana in food processor and blend for a few minutes until it has the consistency of sorbet.
- Add the rest of ingredients and voila!
- You've got yourself an amazingly easy to make desert, not to mention the health benefits.