What is Chronic Inflammation
Most often inflammation and chronic inflammation are mistaken as similar; however, the two are different conditions. While inflammation may be known as the immune response to an infection, chronic inflammation is a disease, which is often times the root cause of chronic degenerative diseases. While the normal type of inflammation may be good for the body as part of the natural defense mechanism, helping it heal and protect itself, chronic inflammation may affect you for months or years together.
When the immune system shows signs of imbalance and the causative agent persists, it can cause acute inflammation to become chronic, igniting feelings of a smoldering fire in the body, which contributes to disease. According to the Center for Disease Control, 7 out of 10 Americans lose their lives due to a chronic disease.
Chronic Inflammation causes:
An inflammatory response that continues for a prolonged duration, chronic inflammation is caused by:
- Persistent infections caused by extra‐cellular pathogens or intra-cellular pathogens, environmental antigen, viral or microbial infection
- Persistent activation of inflammatory molecules
- Prolonged exposure to pro‐inflammatory materials
- Prolonged exposure to pro‐inflammatory materials
Certain foods, including dairy products, citrus fruits, sugar, coffee, according to pcrm.org website, might also be regarded as allergens causing chronic inflammation. Inflammation becomes chronic when there is a persistent stimulus, which might come from free radicals found in foods prepared using processed vegetable oils.
The stimulus might also be an allergy to gluten or a low-grade or a lingering infection from an old injury. Pro-inflammatory cytokines, which belong to the immune system, kill cells having oxidative chemicals. However, if they continue to attack, they start killing the cells needed by the body.
Pro-inflammatory cytokines, which belong to the immune system, kill cells having oxidative chemicals. However, if they continue to attack, they start killing the cells needed by the body.
How Chronic Inflammation Affects the Body
- Chronic inflammation weakens and suppresses the immune system, thus increasing the risk of formation of cancerous tumors. The longer the inflammation persists, the increased the risk of carcinogenesis.
- Prolonged inflammation kills brain nerve cells in Alzheimer’s patients.
- Chronic inflammation in a joint destroys cartilage and posing a serious threat of arthritis.
- Persistent inflammation of kidneys may lead to kidney failure.
- Unchecked and prolonged inflammation in the pancreas might result in pancreatitis, destroying pancreatic islet cells that produce insulin. This poses a severe risk of type 1 diabetes.
- Unchecked or persistent inflammation is increasingly being linked to cardiovascular disease and cancers. According to the Wall Street Journal, new scientific evidence reveals that chronic inflammation is linked to diabetes, cancer, heart disease, lupus, Lou Gehrig’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, obesity, and autism.
How to Treat Chronic Inflammation:
Prevention should always be your first natural approach. A balanced diet rich in nourishing and healing foods will always get you ahead of the game in fighting the root cause of many diseases: Chronic Inflammation.
Notice how certain foods affect your health and do a process of elimination and see how you feel. That is the least expensive way to figure out what is causing your symptoms. Then, try to eliminate such foods from your diet, and you might notice the difference. In addition to this, you can also opt for natural remedies to treat chronic inflammation. If you want to find out:
1. how to prevent or reduce Chronic Inflammation
2. Find a source of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory qualities with an unheard of potency that is 48X more effective than fish oil. Turmeric for example has on of the highest anti-inflammatory factors of any spice.
3. Discover the 9 regenerative remedies that have been shown to have anti-inflammatory qualities and many more tips your doctor never told you, mainly because he is too busy with a thousand other patients.
If you’d like to find more helpful information on Chronic inflammation, or you have inflammatory diseases such as; Rheumatoid arthritis, Gluten Intolerance, IBS, Eczema, Psoriasis, Diabetes I invite you to purchase the Anti- Inflammatory Diet Remedy Report from Barton Publishing.
Joe Barton provides 24 all-natural fresh breath secrets with the promise, “You’ll have better breath than your dentist!”
As always thanks for reading!
Do you or someone you know suffer from chronic inflammation, and rely heavily on medication or have tried other alternatives that have worked? If so, please share your comments below so we can all learn from each other.
To your best health,
References http://hnrca.tufts.edu/wp-content/uploads/SlowBurn_TuftsMag_07.12.pdf http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/ss07/inflammation.html http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/terrain/chronic_inflammation.htm http://www.lef.org/protocols/health_concerns/chronic_inflammation_01.htm http://www.chuckbauman.com/real-flames-photos.htm